Passenger safety and health is DC Streetcar’s priority.
The District Department of Transportation (DDOT) and DC Streetcar value safety and mobility for our passengers and streetcar operators, especially in response to the public health emergency caused by COVID-19.
DC Streetcar provides is taking critical steps to ensure a safe and healthy passenger experience
- DC Streetcar vehicles are disinfected each day.
- Doors open automatically at all stops, so there’s no need to press the door buttons.
- DC Streetcar will modify the schedule as needed to maintain a safe and clean environment. Check Service Alerts for updates.
Do your part to keep yourself and others safe
- Wear a face covering or mask over your nose and mouth in the platform waiting area and onboard the DC Streetcar.
- Maintain physical distance at DC Streetcar stops and onboard, when possible
- Be mindful of fellow passengers with wheelchairs, strollers, and wheeled carts. Give them room to exit and enter.
- Keep your hands clean, especially after visiting public places.
- For more information about the District’s response to coronavirus (COVID-19), please visit coronavirus.dc.gov