Thank you for riding with DC Streetcar! Read the riding basics below for an easy ride on DC Streetcar. If you are concerned about riding transit because of COVID-19, learn about DC Streetcar’s safety and health practices to address the coronavirus.
What to know before boarding
- Plan ahead Find real-time information at the stop and on our tracker so you know when the next car will approach.
- 12-minute intervals Streetcars arrive in 12-minute intervals. Check Service Alerts for real-time updates about service interruptions.
- Stop locations H Street NE stops are located on each side of the street (eastbound and westbound), while Benning Road NE stops are in the center median.
- Board at any stop Riders may board at any of DC Streetcar’s eight stops.
Riding Tips & Etiquette
Follow these tips to get to your destination safely while riding DC Streetcar.
While you wait
Stand clear of the platform edge.
- Shirt, shoes, and masks are required.
- Let others exit before boarding, and then enter with care.
- Doors open automatically for hands-free entry as part of DC Streetcar’s COVID-19 precautions.
Pick a seat
- Be mindful of accessible seating areas reserved for people with disabilities. Please be courteous to those who may need to use them.
- As part of DC Streetcar’s COVID-19 precautions, please spread out to maintain distance between family groups.
Please follow all the posted safety rules and report any suspicious items or activity to the operator.
- Supervise and hold onto small children.
- Don’t block doorways or emergency exits.
- Hold on to a seat or handrail while the streetcar is in motion.
- Keep track of your belongings while you’re on board and be sure to secure smartphones or tablets when near the doors.
- Refrain from:
- Riding with pets (service animals are permitted)
- Eating or drinking
- Littering or spitting
- Riding with dangerous or flammable items
Wheels welcome on board
- Low-floored boarding allows for easy access for bicycles, wheelchairs, strollers, and personal shopping carts, space-permitting.
- There are no internal or external bike racks onboard, so please hold bikes upright while riding. DC Streetcar encourages cyclists to follow Bike Safety guidelines near the streetcar.